Do you need to deep clean your mattress? Yes, especially if you or someone in your family has allergies or asthma. If you want to avoid unpleasant symptoms like bed bugs, mold, and dust mites, you should opt for a mattress deep cleaning at least once a year. There’s a reason deep cleaning is so widespread: It works. You can choose to hire a professional for deep cleaning or do it yourself. It’s not always easy to decide which option is better in a particular situation, but there are some things you can keep in mind when looking for a solution that’s right for you.
If you are thinking of ways to maintain your mattress hygiene without having to do it yourself, a professional deep cleaning service may be a good option. A professional service takes care of all the work, and you can be sure it will be done right. The downside is that it’s not cheap, especially considering you’ll have to spend more money on buying new bedding if the old one has been damaged during the cleaning process.
If you want to save money, and you feel that your mattress won’t be damaged during the process, then you may follow the guide to DIY bed cleaning at home. Professional deep cleaning of your mattress once a year is also acceptable, especially if you have allergies or asthma and need to keep it clean all the time. You just need to do your research first and decide if this is the best solution for you.
Cleaning Your Mattress
- If you choose to do it on your own, follow the step by step guide on DIY mattress deep cleaning by starting to remove the bedding and set it aside.
- Remove the mattress protector. If there are any stains or dirt present, then you should wash the protector with a clean cloth to remove them. Otherwise, it’s safe to keep it on during the bed cleaning or mattress cleaning.
- Damp a cloth with warm water and wring it out so that it’s not dripping wet.
- Be careful not to wet the mattress: Wring the cloth out often, and avoid pouring water directly on it.
- One way to clean your mattress is to begin by blotting a damp cloth over the surface of the mattress to remove any dust or grime that may be sticking to the mattress. It’s not necessary to go around it with a wet cloth, just do it in some areas you might have missed: Behind, under and above the edges of your mattress.
- If there are any stains, use a cotton swab dampened with warm water to clean it. Make sure the cotton swab is not dripping wet.
- Then wipe off any remaining water with a dry cloth. One of the common mistakes homeowners make during DIY mattress stain removal is using a very wet cloth, because that can damage your mattress. To avoid this, you can also use a dry cloth dampened with a little bit of white vinegar instead of regular water. It should wipe away all the excess moisture without damaging your mattress.
- Allow your mattress to air out for an hour or two before putting the bedding back on.
Advantages of DIY Cleaning
As long as there are guides, you can get this done. There are also different bed cleaning methods available, so you can just choose which you prefer most to do. The main thing you need to keep in mind during mattress cleaning with DIY methods is that it’s extremely important not to leave any moisture behind on the mattress surface or inside the springs. If there is any moisture, then encourage it to evaporate by propping the mattress up so that air can easily circulate underneath. This will make sure that mold or fungi do not grow in your mattress, which can lead to respiratory problems and even asthma attacks.
Why You Should Use Professional Mattress Cleaning Services
Convenience is one of the advantages of hiring professional bed cleaning services. Therefore, If you want to keep your mattress clean all the time without having to do it yourself, a professional mattress cleaning service may be a good option. A professional service takes care of all the work and you can be sure it will be done right. The downside is that it’s not cheap, especially considering you’ll have to spend even more money on buying new bedding if the old one has been damaged during the cleaning process.
It is important to do mattress cleaning for your health to avoid respiratory problems, mold, and fungal growth. That’s why many people now opt for a professional mattress cleaning at least once a year. Still, thanks to the DIY approach, there are plenty of ways to deep clean your own mattress and keep it clean all the time.
If you wish to do a mattress deep cleaning yourself, you may do so because this can for sure help you save money and there are guides available on the internet to help you. But if you wish to have it done properly, hiring a professional for your mattress deep cleaning is a great choice. Professional mattress cleaners like DW Mattress Cleaning Singapore are trained to do a mattress deep cleaning effectively and efficiently. Sure it can cost you but, the family’s health is much more important.
DW Mattress Cleaning Singapore offers you a one-stop solution for your mattress cleaning needs in Singapore. Our professional and reliable services include mattress deep cleaning, mattress vacuuming, mattress steam cleaning, as well as mattress stain removal. Our team of experienced cleaning specialists will ensure that the cleaning services will be done professionally. Check out our articles to have a wider view of our services and cleaning hacks. Do not hesitate to call us or contact us via Whatsapp at +65 8241 0032 to solve your mattress cleaning needs!